Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Here is a picture of how we clean out the inside of the organ pipes. This brush is run down inside each pipe and scrubbed around to loosen stuck on dirt. Today we finished up running the new tremolo windline from the solo and then cleaned up the area beneath the choir stalls where the new Choir and Solo relays will go. Dad also gutted the old combination action cabinets which will now be used to house the new relays.


BH said...

Allen, thanks for the blog showing the Basilica organ restoration-its great! Probably a good think I don't work there any more or I would be under your feel all the time watching the progress in person!

John Harding said...

Thank you for these updates. They are very instructive. I cannot wait to hear this magnificent instrument restored to its proper grandure.